Gender and Nutrition in Livestock Systems:
Webinar Series by the Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Livestock Systems
How can livestock researchers incorporate important gender and nutrition dimensions into their projects? The Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Livestock Systems is offering a three-part webinar series on the integration of gender and nutrition into 1) design, 2) data collection and analysis, and 3) final reporting of livestock research projects. Through this interactive webinar series, livestock researchers and collaborators will learn how to integrate gender and nutrition at each stage of the project lifecycle.
Increasingly, the integration of gender and nutrition is a requirement for research for development projects, particularly if they are in developing countries, to increase the impact of such projects. Yet relatively few resources are available on how to integrate gender and nutrition into livestock projects across the entire project life cycle.
Drs. Sarah McKune and Kathleen Colverson from the University of Florida are the principal research scientists and leaders of the Livestock Systems Innovation Lab’s Human Health and Nutrition, and Gender in Livestock Systems cross-cutting themes, respectively. They will present information specifically tailored for livestock researchers and draw on their extensive field experience to present practical suggestions and offer recommendations to webinar participants. Active discussion and questions are encouraged.
Dates and time
Wednesdays on May 30, June 13 and June 27 at 8:30 a.m. EST (GMT-04:00)
Topics & Registration Links
Please register for the webinar, which uses the free Zoom interface. The webinars will also be broadcast on Facebook Live and stored on our Facebook page.
Webinar 1: Integration of gender and nutrition into the design of livestock research projects
- Gender & Nutrition in Livestock Systems 1 of 3: PDF of presentation
Webinar 2: Integration of gender and nutrition into data collection and analysis of livestock research projects
- Gender & Nutrition in Livestock Systems 2 of 3: PDF of presentation
- Resource: Understanding Empowerment in Order to Improve Nutritional Outcomes: Initial Findings from Nepal Case Studies
Contact for questions
Email email@example.com or call 352-294-1064
Livestock, Sanitation, Hygiene, and Child Growth: Exploring the Complex Underlying Causes of Child Stunting
- March 1, 2018
- Location: Chamber, ground floor Reitz Union, University of Florida
- Sponsors at UF: Center for African Studies, Institute for Sustainable Food Systems
Annual General Meeting
- January 22-23, 2018
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- This meeting gathers administrators and the leaders of research projects in the target countries.
Attendees of the Annual General Meeting in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, at the campus of the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI).
- Theme: The Missing Link: Increasing Availability of Animal-source Foods Through Greater Production and Marketing of Quality Feeds
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Video recordings will be made available.
- Tuesday, November 14, 8:30-10 a.m.
- University of Florida, The Hub’s International Center
- Open to UF faculty, staff, and students. Meet some of our team leaders based at UF.
- Tuesday, October 17, 3:00-6:00pm U.S. Eastern Time
- University of Florida, Department of Animal Sciences, Room 125
- Open to UF faculty, staff, and students. Come and learn how you can get involved with the LSIL and celebrate our 2-year anniversary
Lecture: Sustainable Livestock Insurance for Pastoralists in East Africa: The Index-Based Livestock Insurance (IBLI) Experience
- Wednesday, October 18, 2017, 12:45-1:45pm U.S. Eastern Time
- Dr. Francesco Fava, ILRI
- University of Florida, Rogers Hall room 122
- This event will be recorded live. Please check back before the event for the link to watch the lecture
- May 8, 2017 at 4pm EDT
- Dr. Philip Thornton, International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) - Video
Annual General Meeting
- March 27-29, 2017
- University of Florida
- This meeting is for the Principal Investigators (PI) or co-PIs of the various research projects in the LSIL target countries.
- Theme: Nurturing development: Improving human nutrition with animal-source foods
- March 30, 2017
- Reitz Union Auditorium, University of Florida campus
- Video recordings available on the symposium's webpage
Lecture: Rinderpest Eradication: Technical and Social Innovations
- December 7, 2016
- Dr. Jeffrey Mariner, Tufts University - Video
Lecture: Animal-source foods for nutrition, health, and welfare of infants, children, and pregnant/lactating women
- May 31, 2016
- Dr. Lora L. Iannotti, Washington University in St. Louis - Video
- Dr. Iannotti's Presentation- May 2016
Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Livestock Systems
This website is made possible by the generous support of the American people through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and it Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Livestock Systems managed by the University of Florida and the International Livestock Research Institute. The contents are the responsibility of the Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Livestock systems and do not necessarily reflect the views of USAID or the United States Government.
Follow us on social media: