|Webinar Series: Gender and Nutrition||Stunting Symposium||Global Nutrition Symposium 2: Feeds||Global Nutrition Symposium 1|
Library Access for Success:
Finding Literature for Livestock Research
Webinar Series by the Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Livestock Systems
Livestock researchers need to find high-quality scientific literature quickly, and this need has been repeatedly emphasized by the international researchers and stakeholders affiliated with the Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Livestock Systems. Fortunately, specialized librarians from the University of Florida are here to help.
This webinar is our first in a series about conducting efficient and effective searches for scientific literature, using the most current and advanced online resources available in Africa and Asia. In this webinar, you will learn about:
- Assessing the need for literature
- Accessing excellent resources available through the University of Florida library system
- Using premier online sources, including Research4Life databases AGORA and HINARI
- Turning Access into Success
We encourage attendance (or viewing) by stakeholders of the Innovation Lab and especially by all research project Principal Investigators, their affiliated students, and librarians from our many partner institutions. Resources in these webinars will be tailored to the targeted countries of Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, and Uganda.
- Michelle Leonard, Associate University Librarian, University of Florida
- Dr. Lenny Rhine, University Librarian Emeritus, University of Florida
Webinar Series on Gender and Nutrition in Livestock Systems
- May and June 2018
- Webinar 1: Integration of gender and nutrition into the design of livestock research projects
- Webinar 2: Integration of gender and nutrition into data collection and analysis of livestock research projects
- Webinar 3: Integration of gender and nutrition into final reporting of livestock research projects
The webinars were also broadcast on Facebook Live and stored on our Facebook page.
Livestock, Sanitation, Hygiene, and Child Growth: Exploring the Complex Underlying Causes of Child Stunting
- March 1, 2018
- Location: University of Florida
- Sponsors at UF: Center for African Studies, Institute for Sustainable Food Systems
Annual General Meeting
- January 22-23, 2018
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- This meeting gathers administrators and the leaders of research projects in the target countries.
Attendees of the Annual General Meeting in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, at the campus of the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI).
- Theme: The Missing Link: Increasing Availability of Animal-source Foods Through Greater Production and Marketing of Quality Feeds
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Video recordings will be made available.
- Tuesday, November 14, 8:30-10 a.m.
- University of Florida, The Hub’s International Center
- Open to UF faculty, staff, and students. Meet some of our team leaders based at UF.
- Tuesday, October 17, 3:00-6:00pm U.S. Eastern Time
- University of Florida, Department of Animal Sciences, Room 125
- Open to UF faculty, staff, and students. Come and learn how you can get involved with the LSIL and celebrate our 2-year anniversary
Lecture: Sustainable Livestock Insurance for Pastoralists in East Africa: The Index-Based Livestock Insurance (IBLI) Experience
- Wednesday, October 18, 2017, 12:45-1:45pm U.S. Eastern Time
- Dr. Francesco Fava, ILRI
- University of Florida, Rogers Hall room 122
- This event will be recorded live. Please check back before the event for the link to watch the lecture
- May 8, 2017 at 4pm EDT
- Dr. Philip Thornton, International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) - Video
Annual General Meeting
- March 27-29, 2017
- University of Florida
- This meeting is for the Principal Investigators (PI) or co-PIs of the various research projects in the LSIL target countries.
Global Nutrition Symposium 1
- Theme: Nurturing development: Improving human nutrition with animal-source foods
- March 30, 2017
- Reitz Union Auditorium, University of Florida campus
- Video recordings available on the symposium's webpage
Lecture: Rinderpest Eradication: Technical and Social Innovations
- December 7, 2016
- Dr. Jeffrey Mariner, Tufts University - Video
Lecture: Animal-source foods for nutrition, health, and welfare of infants, children, and pregnant/lactating women
- May 31, 2016
- Dr. Lora L. Iannotti, Washington University in St. Louis - Video
Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Livestock Systems
This website is made possible by the generous support of the American people through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and it Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Livestock Systems managed by the University of Florida and the International Livestock Research Institute. The contents are the responsibility of the Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Livestock systems and do not necessarily reflect the views of USAID or the United States Government.
Follow us on social media: