Briefs & Reports
- Dahl, G. and Hendrickx, S. 2018. Rapid assessment of the gaps in dairy cattle feeding and management that constrain milk quality and quantity in Rwanda. Gainesville, FL, USA: Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Livestock Systems.
- Scheffler, J. M. 2018. Report on Train-The-Trainer Course on Meat Hygiene. Gainesville, FL, USA: Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Livestock Systems.
- McNamara, K. and S. McKune. 2018. Understanding Empowerment in Order to Improve Nutritional Outcomes: Initial Findings from Nepal Case Studies. Gainesville, FL, USA: Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Livestock Systems.
Country Briefs & Updates
- Bachewe, F. N.; Minten, B.; Tadesse, F.; and Taffesse, A. S. 2018. The evolving livestock sector in Ethiopia: Growth by heads, not by productivity. ESSP Working Paper 122. Washington, DC and Addis Ababa, Ethiopia: International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) and Ethiopian Development Research Institute (EDRI).
- The rising costs of nutritious foods in Ethiopia: Bachewe, F., Hirvonen, K., Minten, B., & Yimer, F. June 2017. The Ethiopia Strategy Support Program (ESSP), Research Note 67.
- Consumption of Animal-source Foods in Ethiopia: Patterns, Changes, and Determinants. Abegaz, G.A, Hassen, I.W., and Minten, B. The Ethiopia Strategy Support Program (ESSP), Working Paper 113.
- Ethiopia updates
- Ethiopia: Animal-Source Foods Production and Marketing Brief [PDF]
- Ethiopia: Livestock Disease Management and Food Safety Brief [PDF]
- Ethiopia: Enabling Policies for Livestock Brief [PDF]
Stories & Newsletter
- Lively Newsletter, Issue #4, July 2018
- Feeding livestock to increase the supply of nutritious animal-source foods, ILRI Clippings, July 5, 2018
- Shortages in quality animal feed hinder availability of nutritious animal-source foods, ILRI Clippings, July 3, 2018
- Lively Newsletter, Issue #3, April 2018
- UF/IFAS efforts to feed youth highlight Global Children’s Nutrition Month, University of Florida, March 13, 2018
- Success Story: Farmers in Nepal Learn To Fight Hidden Disease
- Success Story: Innovation Platform Method
- Lively Newsletter, Isssue #2, January 2018
- UF gets $8.7 million grant to improve nutritional quality and food safety in Ethiopia, Burkina Faso, University of Florida, January 2, 2018
- Lively Newsletter, Issue #1, August 2017
Highlights of News About Us
- Brother's Keeper (on a wine-red Honda), courtesy of the Florida Gator, August 2018
- UF Gets $8.7M Grant to Improve Food Supply in Africa, U.S. News & World Report, January 2, 2018
- UF IFAS works to improve food safety in Ethiopia, The Alligator, September 6, 2017
- The War Against Goat Plague, NPR, August 6, 2017
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Livestock Systems
This website is made possible by the generous support of the American people through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and it Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Livestock Systems managed by the University of Florida and the International Livestock Research Institute. The contents are the responsibility of the Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Livestock systems and do not necessarily reflect the views of USAID or the United States Government.
Follow us on social media: